Frequently Asked Questions
TGA | The International Travel Goods Show | WEBSITE | TRAVEL GOODS SHOWCASE
- WHAT DOES TGA DO?
TGA represents the interests of the travel goods industry, including manufacturers, retailers, sales representatives and consumers.
- WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR MEMBERSHIP?
TGA has four membership categories. Please note that if your company qualifies under more than one category, you must join the membership category where your company has the highest sales volume:
- Manufacturer — Any business engaged in the manufacture, distribution, or repair, or is a supplier to such business, of luggage and casual bags, small leather goods, business and travel accessories, business and computer cases, handbags, and other products for people who travel shall be entitled to become a Manufacturer member of this Association.
- Retailer — Any business engaged in the selling or repairing of luggage and casual bags, small leather goods, business and travel accessories, business and computer cases, handbags, and other products for people who travel shall be entitled to become a Retailer member of this Association.
- Affiliate — Any company, organization, agency or other entity not directly engaged in the manufacture, distribution, promotion, marketing, retailing or repairing of products, but with an interest in an affiliation with the industry because of common interests and/or issues, shall be entitled to become an Affiliate member of this Association.
- Sales Representatives — Any company, organization, agency or other entity that represents manufacturers of products, but with an interest in promoting or selling products to retailers, shall become entitled to become a Sales Representative member of this Association.
- WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF BELONGING TO TGA?
TGA members enjoy a full range of benefits and services. Visit the Membership Benefits section of this website.
- WHAT DOES MEMBERSHIP COST?
See the appropriate membership application for information about membership dues.
- HOW DO I JOIN TGA?
Complete the online membership application, or print the application and fax or mail it to TGA with payment. If you have any questions about membership, contact Cathy Trecartin at 877-842-1938, x-702.
The International Travel Goods Show
- DOES TGA SPONSOR A TRADE SHOW FOR THE TRAVEL GOODS INDUSTRY?
Yes. The International Travel Goods Show is the largest annual trade show in the world for travel products, including luggage, backpacks, carry-ons, business and computer cases, personal leather goods and travel accessories. It has over 200 exhibitors and attracts almost 2,000 buyers representing approximately 25,000 doors in the U.S.
- WHERE IS The International Travel Goods Show HELD?
The International Travel Goods Show 2010 will be held at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, NV, March 2-4, 2010.
- DOES TGA MAKE AVAILABLE A LIST OF BUYERS WHO ATTEND OR COMPANIES THAT EXHIBIT AT The International Travel Goods Show?
Only Show exhibitors receive a list of all buyers who attend The Show.
- HOW DO I REGISTER FOR The International Travel Goods Show?
Register online or call TGA and request a registration form.
- IS THERE A REGISTRATION FEE FOR BUYERS?
There is no registration fee for The Show if you are a qualified buyer of travel products.
- HOW DO I MAKE HOTEL RESERVATIONS?
- HOW DOES A COMPANY GET LISTED ON THE TGA WEBSITE?
Call TGA at 877-842-1938, x-707, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Travel Goods Showcase
- DOES TGA PUBLISH AN INDUSTRY MAGAZINE?
Yes, Travel Goods Showcase magazine, published four times per year, is the official journal of TGA and The International Travel Goods Show. It has a circulation of 8,000 and a readership of over 21,000 retailers, manufacturers, and major media.
- WHAT SHOULD I KNOW ABOUT SUBSCRIBING TO TRAVEL GOODS SHOWCASE?
An annual subscription for a domestic address is $45, for a Canadian address it is $60, and for an international address it is $90.
- ARE SAMPLE COPIES OR BACK ISSUES AVAILABLE?
Contact Travel Goods Showcase at 877-842-1938 for a sample of the magazine or preview the current issue on this website. A limited selection of back issues is available.
- WHO IS THE PUBLISHER AND WHO IS THE EDITOR-IN-CHIEF?
Michele Marini Pittenger is the publisher and editor-in-chief.
- WHO DO I CONTACT FOR INFORMATION ABOUT ADVERTISING?
Contact Cathy Hays, advertising director, at 877-842-1938, x-707, or email email@example.com for more information on advertising.
- DOES THE MAGAZINE INCLUDE CLASSIFIEDS OR A CALENDAR OF INDUSTRY EVENTS?
Yes, the magazine has both. The industry events can also be found online. If interested in placing a classified ad, contact Cathy Hays via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The cost is $75 per ad.
- TO WHOM SHOULD PRESS RELEASES BE SENT?
Send press releases to Cathy Trecartin via email to email@example.com.
- TO WHOM SHOULD I SEND PHOTOS?
Send photos to Kim Wong, creative director, firstname.lastname@example.org.