Contact Travel Goods Association’s Kate Ryan at 774-929-5223 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Big Winners at The 2015 International Travel Goods Show
In case you missed this year’s TGA Awards Ceremony, it was one of the most exciting and best-attended in years. Learn about this year’s recipients through the videos below, and we’ll look forward to seeing you there next year!
David Bieber received this year’s TGA Award, the industry’s most prestigious honor, for his many years of success over a long and storied career in the travel goods industry.
Product Innovation Awards
The Product Innovation Awards went to products determined by the TGA Awards Committee to be new, meaningful and marketable.
- First place: LugLoc, for its location-tracking device that lets users track bags via cell phone technology
- Second place: Benga’s 2S Duo, a 4-wheeled hardside that doubles its volume by splitting into two separate, 2-wheeled, full-featured cases
- Third place: Buddy Pouch, a clever revamp of the old waist pack, uses powerful magnets to keep its pouch safely in place on users’ waistbands
ShelfPack by McKaba Luggage was the crowd favorite at The Show, garnering the most votes from attending retailers and media for its luggage with integrated pop-up shelves, structured like a dresser on the go.
Community Service Award
Best Booth Awards
This year’s Show marked the first-ever Best Booth Awards, honoring exhibitors who are upping the ante and inspiring others to elevate their Show game as well.
- Goodwipes won the 100-square-foot category with its booth that featured a toilet and empty toilet paper roll, illustrating the “Oh no!” situation that inspired Goodwipes’ creation
- HEX took the 200 to 300-square-foot prize with its booth featuring a 1963 VW Bus, an unmistakably cool hipster vibe and substantial street cred.
- First-time exhibitor Playluggage won over voters with its 400 to 600-square-foot booth that showcased the Estonian company’s child-centric travel gear