(Princeton, New Jersey) The International Travel Goods Show is the biggest happening in travel goods. And the next issue of Travel Goods Showcase, arriving in mailboxes soon, is the next best thing to being there.
The bulk of the issue's featured content is devoted to the largest gathering of travel products and travel goods professionals on the planet:
- SEEN AT THE SHOW A big, 26-page color showcase of featured items on display at The 2014 International Travel Goods Show. From carry-ons to in-flight comfort items; from big luggage to folios, briefs and wallets; and from security to safety; it's all here.
- SHOW TRENDS A look at what's trending at The Show, including RFID, thin wallets, personal location technology, in-flight comfort, and varied colors and materials.
- TGA AWARD Honoring Michele Marini Pittenger, in recognition of 25+ years of service to the industry and the Travel Goods Association.
- PRODUCT INNOVATION AWARD WINNERS
- First Place: The Pivotal Soft Case Gear Bag, featuring the company's ergonomically clever Pivot-Grip handle.
- Second Place: Delsey's Chatelet rolling luggage with its Stop and Go brake system that functions like a parking brake to prevent runaway luggage.
- Third Place: Nap Anywhere, a different, doctor-designed take on the travel pillow from a start-up and first-time Show exhibitor.
- BUZZ AWARD Piggyback Rider, and its novel stand-up child carrier.
- COMMUNITY SERVICE AWARD Recognizing it luggage USA and its commitment to the Indiana Children's Wish Fund, benefiting children with terminal or life-threatening illnesses.
The issue also contains TGA's annual State of the U.S. Travel Goods Market business analysis, based on the past decade's government statistics on this important trade category.
Travel Goods Showcase in your mailbox soon. Page through, experience highlights from the world's biggest exhibition of travel goods, and maybe make plans to join us for the real thing, The 2015 International Travel Goods Show, March 10-12, 2015 in Las Vegas, NV. Please contact Kate Ryan with any questions about what you've seen in this issue.
# # #
The Travel Goods Association is the world's largest trade association for travel goods, representing manufacturers, distributors and retailers of luggage and travel products, casual bags, business cases and travel accessories which in 2012 was a $25.5 billion market in the United States alone. TGA sponsors The International Travel Goods Show, the world's largest trade show devoted to travel products, and publishes Travel Goods Showcase, the voice of the travel goods industry.